Festival of Democracy 2019
The associated program of the 23rd Forum 2000 Conference
October 11-17, 2019, Prague and other cities
The Festival of Democracy is the associated program of the Forum 2000 Conference. Our mission is to celebrate civic activity as a cornerstone of a free and democratic society. We want to inspire public discussion about the responsibility of citizens for society, about tolerance and respect for human rights, about the world we want to live in and about democracy. We want to learn to listen and speak with each other because our shared future is in our hands.
Our vision is to create an annual national tradition of the Festival of Democracy with international crossover. A festival during which current issues are discussed and ideas and visions for our democratic future are put forward in the Czech Republic and neighboring countries; an event in which everyone who upholds democratic values will need to take part.
What do we want to accomplish?
- Prompt the public to assume responsibility for the world we live in.
- Encourage discussion and exchange of opinions among people.
- Develop topics of the Forum 2000 Conference and open them to our partners.
- Promote the ideas of democracy, tolerance, and respect for human rights.
- Become a platform for organizations, companies and individuals who share the same values in order to address current issues within their own events (debates, exhibitions, projections, etc.).
- Encourage the ability of children and youth to think critically and lead meaningful discussion.
What events can I attend?
The program will consist of panel discussions, lectures, film screenings, workshops and cultural events.
You can attend any event in any city in the Czech Republic and abroad. Most of our events are free of charge, but some may require a fee. Some events may also require prior registration due to the limited capacity of the venues.
All the necessary information will be announced on the Festival website and in the printed program. The Festival of Democracy is a great place to learn new things, to meet interesting people and, last but not least, to have fun.
Call for local organizers
Handbook for local organizers
(only available in Czech)
October 10, 2021 - October 16, 2021
October 8, 2020 - October 15, 2020
October 5, 2018 - October 11, 2018
October 5, 2017 - October 12, 2017