Remembering November 1989: Will environmental challenges shake the system again?
November 17, 2020
Environmental protection was one of the demands of the Velvet Revolution and remained together with democracy and respect for human rights one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
We have closed Festival of Democracy 2020 with the discussion about the changes since 1989, especially on the dimension of environmental politics and its impact on society. We have conducted a report from the discussion titled „Remembering November 1989: Will environmental challenges shake the system again?“ including the inputs of our speakers:
- Ralf Fücks, Managing Director, Center for Liberal Modernity
- Anna Gumplová, Vice-President, Green Party
- Steve Crawshaw, Policy & Advocacy Director, Freedom from Torture
- Bedřich Moldan, Founder, Director, Environment Center, Charles University
- The discussion was moderated by columnist and writer Arzu Geybullayeva.
The event was organized in cooperation with British Embassy in the Czech Republic.
Lear more about the discussion in the full report here: