- Fear and uncertainty, resulting from diverse effects of globalization, economic transformation, and technological progress, undermine liberal democracy.
- Among a variety of current threats to democracy, populism seems to be the most serious one.
- There is no alternative to the liberal democracy.
- To maintain democracy, citizens, especially young people, need to engage in politics and civic life.
- There is a need for active and coordinated defense of democracy.
For more information, see: https://www.forum2000.cz/files/5-big-ideas-2017.pdf . You can also watch videos from the conference and browse through the conference photos.