Environmental protection was one of the demands of the Velvet Revolution and remained together with democracy and respect for human rights one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
We have closed this year’s Festival of Democracy with the discussion about the changes since 1989, especially on the dimension of environmental politics and its impact on society. We have conducted a report from the discussion titled „Remembering November 1989: Will environmental challenges shake the system again?“ including the inputs of our speakers:
- Ralf Fücks, Managing Director, Center for Liberal Modernity
- Anna Gumplová, Vice-President, Green Party
- Steve Crawshaw, Policy & Advocacy Director, Freedom from Torture
- Bedřich Moldan, Founder, Director, Environment Center, Charles University
- The discussion was moderated by columnist and writer Arzu Geybullayeva.
Please find the policy report here.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any comments or questions.
The event was organized in cooperation with British Embassy in the Czech Republic.